Thursday, August 23, 2012

Am                                   Dm
Waves toss me on the sea of desire

My legs ache, restless for solid ground

I was cast off from the bay of my youth

Set adrift on a dinghy made of slipping sands
                                             
And how the hours slip through my hands
                                         Em
I try to hold on, no I can't hold on,
Dm/Dm                                   Am/Am
As they fall fall fall down to the ocean floor


(high)

Am                                                   Dm
I am witness to the suns voyage cross the sky

Am                                                    Dm
I am witness to the moon's slow and winking eye

Am                                              Dm
yes, I I will watch my minutes pass me by

Am                                     Em
to hold on  would be death



       Am                Dm
the measure of our souls
      Am        Dm  Am         Dm                Em
is evidenced in the quality of our longing
        Am
 our aching





Oh you made me, with



breath upon the waves, pulls my sails taut




to be a witness to time like flowers tracing the sun




The vastness of my aching is like this blue floor
The aim of my searching, so deeply moated and remote


No comments:

Post a Comment